Friday, October 27, 2006

Results of first writing session

So last night we had our first writing session. I am so pleased with the results.

Melly - goal: editing and writing 500 words. Result: 90%
R - goal: coming up with 3-5 scene ideas and write smthg up on each. Result: 100%
T - goal: finish reviewing my NaNo outline and to make the difficult changes I know are necessary. Result: 100%
L - goal: 500 words in new short story. Result: 100%.
M - goal: work on character development, further story building, read over/edit existing section. Result: 100%
S - goal: wiring a certain year of memoir. Result: 100%
Nienke - goal: work on outline. Result: 100%

We'll have another session tomorrow morning. That's Saturday at 10:00 a.m. ET if you want to join.

I will let you in on a secret, Nienke and I had two sessions prior to starting the group. I had written over 1,000 words in each! Yesterday I needed to edit what I had written so I set a smaller word-count goal. But I know that I can do about a 1,000 words an hour and that makes me absolutely ecstatic and I'm so thrilled with how this is going.

8 comments:

rdl said...

It must be November, Melly is missing. Wondered if you knew about Nanoblopomo?? for us baby bloggers. there's a link to fussy who started it on my blog.

Tawcan said...

Wow writing and editing 500 words? Do you get to write anything? Or is there a topic? Never heard of this kind of writing session before, interesting.

Buffy said...

So...how's it going?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing Nano!

rdl said...

Melly, are you ever coming back?? miss you.

Patry Francis said...

Hi Melly!

Anonymous said...

Melly, haven't heard from you in a while. Where are you?

Trée said...

Melly, I miss you. Hope to see you posting here again sooner rather than later. Here's to hoping everything is okay in your world.