Friday, May 26, 2006

Barbara Bauer isn't Jack's Wife

Okay, so I'm in a bit of a 24 withdrawal, forgive me.
(For those unfamiliar with 24, first - why, what's your excuse??? Second - the protagonist's name is Jack Bauer).

We did it!
Absolute Write is up again.

Remember my post about community and all that?
It's amazing that I posted about the importance of community only five days before all this happened.
We are much stronger as a community and when we help each other. No good ever came to those who tried to hurt the community.

I'm not going to get into all the details and gossip, mostly because I don't know the facts myself and cannot vouch for them either. However, needless to say that there are people we trust more and people we trust less, if at all.

Look, then, what we just did as a community. We supported those who have been there for us for years with valuable information, and we've put Barbara Bauer, the one believed to be the main evil doer, on the top ten list of Technorati searches, not in a good light.

(If you have no idea what I'm talking about, look at my previous post about 20 worst agents).

Categories: , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melly,
Thaks for the update. I'm a regular lurker at absolute write.

Melly said...

No problem, Tammy. I was happy to see we could make a difference.

Mad Scientist Matt said...

I could see some weird fanfic now -Barb ticks off Jack, who finds out she's a long lost cousin of his.

Melly said...

LOL Matt... and then she's actually a mole and she betrays him and sells secrets and Jack runs out of time to stop them and ...

rdl said...

FYI- you probably already know this but Absolute Write is gone. even googled it and read about the problems. Too bad i never got to check it out, hope they get back on soon.

Melly said...

Rdl, it is back up. Try the link in the post. You still get a chance to check it out :)