Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Writing Contest and Writing Software

Writing Contest
Georganna Hancock from the Writer's Edge Blog will be judging a contest for The Writing Show. It's for first chapter of a novel.
More info on the contest, or through Writer's Edge Blog.

Writing Software
I don't know if you are aware that Darren from it must be tuesday has designed and developed a software - The PageFour Notebook - a tabbed word processor for writers, which is "a complete writing environment."
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I hope to do so as soon as I have a normal internet connection again (should be in about three weeks). Just thought I should let you know.

Categories: , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out that software. I have tried all differnt kinds of writing software but I have yet to find anything compelling enough to pull me away from my basic word processing software. I am always open to trying something new though.

PS: Your comments about the pond filled me with dread, lol. I will have to ask the guy at the pond store some more questions about ongoing upkeep. Thanks for sharing your experience.

rdl said...

You are such a wealth of information. :D

Melly said...

Fred, I think that what's great also, at least from what I gathered from Darren's blog, is that he's very keen on improving the software and so it's a win-win situation if we can help him improve the software and get something we really can use in return :)

About the pond - oh, gosh. Sorry. I didn't mean to fill you with dread. Or maybe I did? ;)
I'm just quite lazy on keeping things running well, so it's probably me and you'll have no problem.

rdl, thanks, I do my best :)

Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

Thanks for mentioning the contest, Melly. This is how I hoped the news would spread. It's difficult to advertise a contest when you aren't charging an entry fee, so Paula and the Writing Show crew will have to depend on Word of Blog. I hope all ye go and do likewise!

Melly said...

Georganna, I noticed quite a few people clicked either on your site or on the Writing Show link, so that's good.
Your contest sounds like a lot of fun and I'm sure you won't have a problem getting submissions, well... maybe... even from me - who knows??? :)