Saturday, August 20, 2005

Getting Back Into The Groove

Oh gees, where to begin?

I feel like I've been away for so long even though it hasn't been that long at all. I've only been away for ten days and yet I find it so hard to get back into "normal" life again.

I've had such adventures on my trip and was so far away from civilization that any thought of the mundane was as far away from me as the next pay phone.

I don't know, maybe after a couple of weeks of seeing beauty and being engulfed by nature my mind switched into such a gear that it's hard for it to switch back.

It is truly the first time I feel this way after returning from a vacation, but then again, I never had a vacation in which I feared for my life. And as I found out a few days later, I had good reason to. The big thunder and lighting storm that caught me canoeing on a remote lake was actually classified as a tornado. A camper died in that storm.

So maybe it was the few life-threatening moments that changed my attitude.

Whatever the reason, I haven't been able to write a single word ever since my return. Even writing this post is taxing for some reason.

And it's not like my mind isn't teeming with ideas, quite the contrary. Still, the words won't come out.

But then I read this interview with J.K. Rowling and it inspired me. At least it helped me write this post. Perhaps tomorrow I'll write write.
I hope.
Before my brain turns into mush.

J.K. Rowling and the Extraordinary Life

Categories: , ,

1 comment:

Melly said...

Absolutely! She's done more than well and all due to persistance and hard work. Whether one likes HP or not, one cannot argue with JK's success. (And I happen to like HP so even better :)